Rukai Presbytery officially establishes a presence in Tainan

      Taiwan Church News

      3049 Edition

      August 2~8, 2010

      Rukai Presbytery officially establishes a presence in Tainan

      Reported by Chen Yi-hsuan

      Written by Lydia Ma

      Photo provided by volunteer staff

      “Jesus loves you and so do I! It’s that simple!” These words were heard
and sung during a

      Sunday worship service at Shin-Shing Presbyterian Church on August 1,
2010, as Shin-Shing

      Church and Rukai Presbytery cemented their partnership with the signing
of an agreement.

      Rukai Presbytery’s Moderator, Rev. Kaynwane, thanked Shin-Shing Church
for welcoming

      Rukai Presbytery whole-heartedly and sharing its resources even though
Shin-Shing was

      already shouldering a mortgage from a new church building.

      Shin-Shing Church’s pastor, Rev. Wu Ke-shun, replied that he understood
from personal

      experience the hardships involved in starting a new church.

      As leaders from Rukai and Shin-Shing finalized their partnership
agreement, they were joined

      by PCT General Secretary Andrew Chang and Associate General Secretary
Lyim Hong-tiong,

      as well as hundreds of congregants, in witnessing this joyful moment.

      In a surprising turn of events, Lioujhangli Presbyterian Church in Taipei
offered to lend NT$5

      million to Shin-Shing Church free of interest when it learned about
Shin-Shing’s financial

      situation and this partnership.

      Shin-Shing Church will henceforth loan its old church building to Rukai
Presbytery free of

      charge for at least 3 years so the latter can start an Aborigine church
in the southern region of

      Tainan City. This new church will become Rukai Presbytery’s 17th church.

      Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

      You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you acknowledge
the source as

      "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and writer.

      Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print publications.

      Direct comments and questions about this article to: enews@pctpress.org

      Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/ (English)

      http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)