ACNS - Prayer requested for Bishop William's 100km walk

Prayer requested for William's 100km walk

Posted On : August 11, 2010 2:35 PM | Posted By : Webmaster
ACNS: http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2010/8/11/ACNS4721
Related Categories: Central Africa

The Anglican Church celebrates one hundred years of existence on
Zambian soil this year.

In order to commemorate this day a number of programs have been put in
place. All the five dioceses in the country will commemorate the day
individually in this month before the national one in October. This
will be held on 31st October at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Lusaka.

Our diocese [Eastern Zambia] will carry out a thanksgiving service on
Sunday 15 August, to thank God for all the contributions of the
faithful, both lay (of different professional callings)and clergy, who
have contributed in many ways to the Christian way of life in Msoro
and beyond. This will be preceded by a walk of pilgrimage dubbed
William's Walk (adapted from Peter's Progress, a walk that Bishop
Peter Price undertook along the boundaries of his diocese when the
Diocese of Bath & Wells celebrated its 1100 years last year!) I will
with a few disciples undertake a walk of 100km, from Chipata to Msoro,
the route which the Revd Leonard Kamungu, the UMCA missionary from
Nyasaland, now Malawi, took 100 years ago to open up a mission station
at Msoro and from whence the Anglican church spread to other parts of
the country. We hope to walk for three days, evangelizing on the way
and sleeping in at two different schools on two nights of our journey.
We have asked local businessmen for sponsorship/support whose proceeds
will go to the purchase of bed linen, drugs and other requirements for
St Luke's Rural Health Centre at Msoro Mission Station.

We are aware that this walk will be both physically and spiritually
challenging. We therefore ask all our friends for prayers as we embark
on this pilgrimage next Wednesday. Any financial or material support
in aid of the walk and/or in aid of St Luke's Rural Health Centre at
Msoro will be highly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

+William.
Bishop of Eastern Zambia