Pastor takes rural youths to the city to explore possibilities

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:14:48 -0700

      Taiwan Church News

      3052 Edition

      August 23~29, 2010

      Pastor takes rural youths to the city to explore possibilities

      Reported by Chiou Kuo-rong

      Written by Lydia Ma

      It’s not uncommon to hear about city youths travelling to the
countryside during their summer

      vacations to help small churches with their ministries.
However, a bunch of rural youths led by

      their pastor journeyed to the city this summer to explore what
they could do with their futures.

      11 youths from Hsin-Kang Presbyterian Church in Cheng-Kung
Township in Taitung travelled

      to Taipei for 3 days with their pastor, Liu Ping-hsi. The
purpose of their trip was meeting

      Christian professionals from various walks of life, converse
with them, see them at their work,

      and explore future career possibilities with them.

      Many of these youths have visited Taipei before, but don’t
necessarily know the city well. A

      native from Taipei, Liu used his familiarity with the area to
help youths explore the difference

      between life in Taipei and life in Hsin-Kang. He also
introduced them to Christian

      professionals and hoped these encounters would impact them and
inspire them to start

      dreaming about their futures.

      The group visited a financial director working at a five-star
hotel, a reporter, a chef, a Catholic

      social organization, and Taiwan Theological College and
Seminary.

      ********************

      Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local
languages.

      You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you
acknowledge the source as

      "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and
writer.

      Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print
publications.

      Direct comments and questions about this article to:
enews@pctpress.org

      Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/
(English)

      http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)