PCT and PCNZ get further acquainted and discuss ministry possibilities

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:04:23 -0700

>      3058 Edition

>October 4-10, 2010

>General Assembly News

PCT and PCNZ get further acquainted and discuss ministry possibilities

>Reported by Lin Yi-ying

>Written by Lydia Ma

Delegates representing the Presbyterian Church in New Zealand's
(PCNZ) Auckland

Presbytery arrived in Taiwan on September 30, 2010, just in time to
attend Taichung

Presbytery's 80th anniversary celebrations. Auckland Presbytery and
Taichung Presbytery

>became partner presbyteries last year.

Rev. Stuart Vogel, Auckland Presbytery's Asia Mission Secretary, was
introduced to PCT

Headquarters in Taipei by PCT Auckland Church staff and Taichung
Presbytery staff and the

delegation was greeted by PCT Vice-Moderator Chiohh Lyiam-Syian and
Ecumenical Relations

>Secretary Hu Hong-chih.

Vogel, who spoke fluent Mandarin, had previously visited Taiwan and
worked in Hakka mission

20 years ago. He reminded his hosts that both PCNZ and PCT are
members of Church World

Mission (CWM) and added that he hoped this CWM connection would help
both churches

>take their partnership to a deeper level.

He also said there were many Chinese, Singaporean, Malaysian, and
Taiwanese immigrants and

foreign students in New Zealand and PCNZ was looking for Taiwanese
pastors and Taiwanese

Christians to help it reach out to these people. He hoped that as PCT
and PCNZ got to know

each other more, an outreach ministry for these people would emerge.

Chiohh and Hu replied that they also hoped this proposal would be
considered seriously and

studied closely and culminate in an outreach ministry spearheaded by
both churches.

>********************

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you
acknowledge the source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print
publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:
enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/
(English)