Morakot victims in Pingtung finally move into new homes

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:18:50 -0700

3059 Edition

October 11~17, 2010

Church Ministry News

Morakot victims in Pingtung finally move into new homes

Reported by Taiwan Church News

Written by Lydia Ma

Rukai and Paiwan Aborigines who lost their homes in last year’s
Typhoon Morakot finally

moved into new houses on October 3, 2010. A thanksgiving service
attended by nearly 800

people was held at Changjhih Lily Reservation.

Led by PCT, Seventh-Day Adventist, Methodist, and Catholic leaders,
Aborigines gave thanks

to God and prayed for the upcoming phase of the building project that
had been handed over to

Christian organizations.

Just before the service began, pastors from every denomination
present toured the premise

and prayed over every new house. They also put up Spring Festival
couplets with Scripture

verses on them on the door.

As previously reported, PCT, Catholic, Seventh-Day Adventist, and
Methodist church leaders

have expressed concern on behalf of Aborigines to government agencies
over ensuring that

the new community would successfully retain “Changjhih Lily
Reservation“ as its name.

A big rock bearing the inscription “Changjhih Tzu-Chi Da-Ai Village”
still remains at the

entrance of this new village. Aborigines hope their preferred name
for their new community can

soon replace the old name given by Buddhist Compassion Relief
(Tzu-Chi) Foundation.

********************

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you
acknowledge the source as

"Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and writer.

Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print
publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:
enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/
(English)

http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)