Editorial: “Mission: Justice”

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:40:46 +0800

3069 Edition

December 20-26, 2010

Editorial

Editorial: “Mission: Justice”

Translated by Lydia Ma

As we reflect back on Christmas 2010 and bring this year to a close,
we can’t help but praise and thank God. Even though the year is
drawing to a close, PCT’s “One-leads-One New Doubling Movement” isn’t
winding down one bit amongst our presbyteries, districts, and
churches.

Though not everything that happened in 2010 was successful and
rebuilding efforts in the aftermath of Typhoon Morakot continue to be
very challenging, we still say with confidence that we saw God’s hand
at work and we saw God leading us onward one step at a time this past
year.

As we promote this movement, let us not forget that it’s as much a
movement to increase quality growth as it is to increase quantity
growth in PCT.

Admittedly, quality growth is hard to measure, but we can still
evaluate it in two ways - ecological justice and financial justice –
and both ways are very much at the core of the gospel as they reflect
what God’s kingdom on earth would look like.

Let’s not forget that Jesus rebuked the Pharisees of his day for
being two-faced. Let’s not forget that Jesus showed his compassion
for the oppressed and the powerless in very real and tangible ways.
The reason he went out of his way to defend them was because his
ultimate mission was to bring freedom to all of humanity.

Jesus’ ultimate mission was to restore the relationship humans had
with God at the beginning of creation when everything here was still
God’s kingdom. So, let’s not forget about ecological and financial
justice and let’s pray for these to manifest themselves in Taiwan.

********************

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you
acknowledge the source as "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of
the reporter and writer. Contact us before reprinting any of our
articles for print publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to:
enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/
(English) or http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)