Spring retreat for Hakka youths refuels passion for prayer and missions

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:34:57 +0800

3077 Edition
February 14-20, 2011

Church Ministry News

Spring retreat for Hakka youths refuels passion for prayer and missions

Reported by Chen Wei-chien

Written by Lydia Ma

After 4 years of hiatus, Hakka Youth Spring Retreat recently resumed and a
retreat was held on February 6-9, 2011, with particular focus on prayer and
nurturing an intimate relationship with God. This year’s retreat theme was “I
pray for more time with God” and the retreat included seminars with pastors on
how to pray different kinds of prayers, including prayers of repentance,
prayers for guidance, prayers of thanksgiving, and prayer marches, as well as
planning out daily devotional times.

The retreat’s closing ceremony featured Hakka Committee chairman, Rev. Tseng
Chang-fa, as the main speaker. He retold the story of Thomas Barclay, a
missionary who offered his life to God and full-time ministry at the age of 16.
Tseng concluded his message by encouraging youths to consider dedicating their
lives to full-time ministry. An altar call for such a dedication was held at
the retreat.

Besides guiding Hakka teens in nurturing their relationship with God, the other
purpose of this retreat was to train and raise up youth leaders within Hakka
Presbytery.

“I hope that Hakka youths will rise and become youth group leaders in our Hakka
Youth Department. Through this camp, we’ve given them a first-hand look at what
they need to do if they become committee members. We hope that it has inspired
them to take on the challenge, ” leader of Hakka Presbytery’s Youth Ministry
Rev. Chen Ke-an said.

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you acknowledge the
source as "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and writer.
Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to: enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/ (English) or
http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)