Presbytery holds seminar on usage of latest technologies for evangelistic purposes

From "Taiwan Church News" <enews@pctpress.org>
Date Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:21:11 +0800

3078 Edition

February 21-27, 2011

Church Ministry News

Presbytery holds seminar on usage of latest technologies for evangelistic
purposes

Reported by Chen Yi-hsuan

Written by Lydia Ma

With the popularization of digital cameras in recent years, it seems everyone
owns one – though many don’t know how to use it to take good pictures.

“My congregation often shows me pictures that make me feel dizzy!” joked
Kanhsichieh Presbyterian Church pastor, Rev. Liu Bo-chao, who also serves as
Mass Communication Committee Director for Tainan Presbytery.

Seeing the need to rectify this problem, the committee invited a professional
photographer and held a seminar at Liu’s church on February 19, 2011, to help
anyone in need of a tutorial on using digital cameras.

The seminar was very successful and attracted 120 people, including pastors and
laymen, and the speaker used humorous and easy-to-understand language to
explain basic functions such as photo composition, focus, aperture, shutter,
and exposure compensation. He stressed though few people are born a gifted
artist, everyone can become a good photographer with some practice.

This is the second time the Presbytery has held a seminar on photography. Liu
said popular electronic devices such as digital cameras or popular internet
technologies such as Facebook and blogs can be great means to share testimonies
and the gospel message with others and thus become great evangelistic and
networking tools.

Another seminar is scheduled on March 14, 2011 on navigating iWork Pages for
anyone who might want to use it when laying out or printing church bulletins or
church event posters. The seminar will also be held at Kanhsichieh Presbyterian
Church. For more information, contact Rev. Tsai at (06) 237-1793

Taiwan Church News is published weekly in Taiwan's local languages.

You may translate and re-use our articles online only if you acknowledge the
source as "Taiwan Church News" and list the names of the reporter and writer.
Contact us before reprinting any of our articles for print publications.

Direct comments and questions about this article to: enews@pctpress.org

Visit our website for more news at: http://enews.pctpress.org/ (English) or
http://www.pctpress.org (Chinese)