Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:13:56 -0800

Breaking news! New challenge grant awarded to CPWR.

We are excited to report that a generous family
has pledged a $25,000 matching grant to the
Council. To this family, which wishes to remain
anonymous, we extend our very great thanks. And
to you ­ our friends, supporters, Parliament
attendees, and all those who value the work we do
­ we emphasize that we must raise $25,000 to
match the donor?s pledge in order for us to
receive the grant in full. If you have yet to
join those who have provided support for the
Council, there is no better time than now to
consider a gift. To contribute, simply follow the
?Donate Now? link or call Amelia Perkins at (312) 629-2990 x223.

Sacred Space International and the Council begin a new working relationship.

With a strong sense of shared values and

commitment to protecting religious communities
against defamation or violence, we are joining
forces with Sacred Space International (SSI), a
Chicago-based organization long recognized for
raising awareness of the importance of the
architectural, artistic, historic and spiritual
riches of houses of worship around the globe.

The Council?s on-the-ground work to reduce ethnic tension around the worl d.
Major cities in Europe are partnering with the
Council in creating community-based models for
social cohesion. The goal of integrating
religious and ethnic minority populations into
the larger local community is daily becoming more
urgent. Our community organizing expertise, based
on building interreligious dialogue, is now
proving to be an important tool in cities threatened with social unrest.

Planning for the 2014 Parliament picks up steam.

Three finalist cities are in the running to host
the 2014 Parliament. Brussels, Guadalajara and
Dallas-Fort Worth each submitted impressive and
enthusiastic proposals for the honor of serving
as host city. A decision is expected in October 2011. Stay tuned.

Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions
70 East Lake Street, Suite 205
Chicago, Illinois 60601 USA
Tel: + 1 312.629.2990
Fax: + 1 312.629.2991