AJC Partners with IsraAID for Japan Earthquake Aid

From "Ari Gordon" <gordona@ajc.org>
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:48:37 -0400

AJC Partners with IsraAID for Japan Earthquake Aid

March 11, 2011 - New York - AJC has responded to the huge 8.9 magnitude
earthquake in Japan by donating to IsraAID, a leading Israeli
non-governmental relief organization that is dispatching first responders to
provide rescue and medical assistance.

"The destructive power of the huge earthquake that slammed Japan is
incalculable, but this crisis challenges us who can act to respond," said
AJC Executive Director David Harris. "IsraAID, our partner, often is one of
the first non-governmental groups to reach the disaster and provide urgently
needed assistance."

AJC has supported IsraAID: The Israel Forum for International Humanitarian
Aid in a number of crises, including Haiti last year, a tropical storm that
hit the Phillipines in 2009, a devastating earthquake in Peru in 2007, and
Sri Lanka after the South Asian tsunami in 2004.

Humanitarian relief has been a core of AJC's work for more than a century.
"Our tradition commands us to respond generously and compassionately to
those in dire need," Harris said.