ACNS - 90 evangelism resources now available to Anglicans online

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:11:20 -0700

90 evangelism resources now available to Anglicans online

Posted On : March 23, 2011 10:12 AM | Posted By : Webmaster

ACNS: http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2011/3/23/ACNS4825

Related Categories: ACO ? Mission

Anglican Communion members worldwide with access
to the Internet can now take advantage of 90
evangelism resources on the Communion?s website here.

The resources were pooled after the Kuala Lumpur
meeting of the Communion?s Evangelism and Church
Growth Initiative?s core organising body. That
the resources were selected by practitioners
working in very different contexts in different
countries means core group members are certain
that visitors to the website will find some
resources appropriate for their context.

?This is certainly not a definitive list,?
explained Anglican Communion Mission Director,
John Kafwanka, ?but it is a good start. The
intention is to gather more resources and
regularly update the list to keep it relevant.?

The ECGI core group convenor, the Rt Rev Patrick
Yu, Bishop of York-Scarborough in Toronto diocese
said, ?I am very pleased with the work the Core
Group have done in Kuala Lumpur.

"We collected 90 resources from members: books,
websites, organisations and activities which will
be shared with people all over the
Communion.  What is more, we sorted them into
broad biblical and evocative categories of
?Jerusalem?, ?Judea and Samaria? and ?the ends of
the earth? to help people make better use of them
according to the contexts with which they best
identify.  Since some resources fit in more than
one category, we have over 120 entries."

The mission contexts of 'Jerusalem', ?Judea and
Samaria? and ?the ends of the earth?, the
outworking of evangelism in these contexts in the
Acts of the Apostles and their relevance to
evangelism today in the very different contexts
found within the Anglican Communion are explored
further in the papers and reflections  that were
presented at the meeting. These can be found here.
Much of Witness5.6, the March 2011 edition of the
newly renamed ECGI newsletter features articles
related to the core group meeting and a fuller
report of the meeting also appears on the web here.

To become part of the Evangelism and Church
Growth Initiative and regularly receive the
newsletter please complete the registration form here.