i-book launched to help Anglicans/Episcopalians engage with people of other faiths

From Worldwide Faith News <wfn@igc.org>
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 07:18:06 -0700

Posted On : May 20, 2011 3:43 AM | Posted By : Admin ACO

ACNS:

<http://www.aco.org/acns/news.cfm/2011/5/20/ACNS4865>http://www.aco.org/acn
s/news.cfm/2011/5/20/ACNS4865

Related Categories:

<http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acns/news.cfm/ACO--NIFCON>ACO - NIFCON

i-book launched to help Anglicans/Episcopalians
engage with people of other faiths

By ACNS staff

The Anglican Communion Network for Inter Faith
Concerns (NIFCON) has this week launched an
exciting and valuable new resource to assist
Anglicans and other Christians in their
engagement with people of other faiths.
Generous Love: the truth of the Gospel and the
call to dialogue ? an Anglican theology of inter
faith relations was produced in 2008 by NIFCON
members. The report, which formed the basis for
work at the 2008 Lambeth Conference in this
field, has become increasingly well-known over
the last three years, and is becoming a
bench-mark for involvement by Anglicans in inter
faith relations throughout the Communion.
When Generous Love was published the team
responsible for it committed themselves to work
on a ?study guide? designed to help clergy and
laity make more effective use of the report. The
<http://www.aco.org/_books/>?i-book? published
this week online on the Anglican Communion
website is the result. It offers notes and
articles on a number of the topics covered in the
report, linked Bible studies, prayers and questions for discussion.
Clare Amos, Director for Theological Studies in
the Anglican Communion Office and with
responsibility for the work of NIFCON said:
?Those of us who have worked in this i-book study
guide for Generous Love are pleased and excited
to see it launched. It offers a new model for
educational communication around the Anglican Communion.
"One of the important features of the resource is
that it can grow and change to respond to new
needs and new insights. Also as it is online (on
the Anglican Communion website) it is widely
available throughout much of the Anglican World.
As well as written material it incorporates some
video and audio resources, and we want to expand
on these over the coming few months.
"The study guide acknowledges the importance of
context in relation to our engagement with people
of other faiths: the situation in Pakistan, for
example, is very different to the context in
Britain, while that for Anglicans in Egypt,
Nigeria, India or the United States is varied yet
again. I want to make a positive request to
Anglicans around the world to share with us any
material (particularly video and audio) that they
may have which illustrates their engagement with people of other faiths.
"Where possible and appropriate we will seek to
incorporate this into the i-book. I would like to
thank my colleagues on the NIFCON Management
Group who have worked hard on this, as well as
the IT and Communications team at the Anglican
Communion Office. As Director for Theological
Studies I see this i-book as a possible model for
further resources in theological education which
I hope we will develop over the next year or so.?
You can access the i-book <http://www.aco.org/_books/>here

For further information or to offer material for
inclusion please contact Revd Rana Khan at the
Anglican Communion Office. Email: <mailto:rana.khan@aco.org>rana.khan@aco.o rg