UMNS Daily Digest - Sept. 12, 2011 (Susquehanna, flooding, Tropical Storm Irene, Tropical Storm Lee,

From "United Methodist News Service" <newsdesk@umcom.org>
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:26:48 -0700

   To ensure consistent delivery, please add [1]newsdesk@umcom.org to your
                     contact and/or safe senders list.

           [2]View Online | [3]Add to Address Book | [4]Subscribe
       UMNS Daily Digest - Produced by United Methodist News Service
                           Monday, Sept. 12, 2011
                   [5]Susquehanna flooding affects churches
                       [6]Memories and lessons of 9/11
                   [7]9/11 brought world to my neighborhood

   [8]Making Peace
   After 9/11»

   [9]UMTV: 9/11 Memorial in Shanksville»

   [10]UMNS Immigration Survey»

   [11]Read Additional UMNS Stories»

   [12]Find us on Facebook

   [13]Twitter

   Contact Us
   [14]E-mail
   (615) 742-5470

   "It's probably going to be two or three years before we get everything back
   into shape." - The Rev. Larry Siikanen, conference disaster coordinator,
   Susquehanna Annual (regional) Conference.

Susquehanna flooding affects churches

   NEW YORK (UMNS) - The flooding of the Susquehanna River has had major
   consequences for the United Methodist conference of the same name. Since the
   river spans the Susquehanna Annual (regional) Conference from north to
   south, floodwaters affected eight of its 11 districts, said the Rev. Larry
   Siikanen, conference disaster coordinator. Across the Northeastern United
   States, United Methodists were continuing to respond Sept. 12 to the one-two
   punch of flooding caused consecutively by Tropical Storms Irene and Lee.

   [15]Read full story and post a comment»

Memories and lessons of 9/11

   NEW YORK (UMNS) - "In September 2001, we decided to take a family vacation
   to visit my grandmother and other family members in New York City," wrote
   Reggie Morrow. "I was in the fourth grade, and my family - Mom, Dad, my
   sister Audrey, my brother Russell and I - lived in Dyersburg, Tenn. We
   arrived just in time to see the second plane fly into the World Trade
   Center."

   [16]Read full story and post a comment»

9/11 brought world to my neighborhood

   NEW YORK (UMNS) - "On Sept. 11, 2001, I was a junior at Stuyvesant High
   School, three or four blocks north of the World Trade Center," wrote Adam
   Robbins. "I was in physics class when a classmate said he saw smoke coming
   from the twin towers. At first, people didn't know what was happening
   because it wasn't obvious an airplane had hit the building. I thought it
   might be a bomb. Everybody ran to the window, and we saw one of the twin
   towers burning."

   [17]Read full story and post a comment»

   Did someone you know pass along this copy to you? Get your own copy
   [18]here.

      United Methodist News Service is a ministry of United Methodist
                              Communications.

               Ministries of United Methodist Communications:

             [19]Rethink Church
             [20]TechShop
             [21]EcuFilm
             [22]UMC.org
   Program Journals:
      [23]Interpreter Magazine
      [24]El' Interprete
      [25]United Methodists In Service
             [26]InfoServ
             [27]Kingswood Communications
   [28]United Methodist News Service
      [29]UM Audio
      [30]UMTV
             [31]Foundation for United Methodist Communications
             [32]United Methodist Communications International
             [33]Global Health Initiative

          Products & Services of United Methodist Communications:

                     [34]Crisis Communications
                     [35]Communications Training
                     [36]Program Calendars
                     [37]United Methodist Press Center
                     [38]Scholarships
   [39]Promotional Resources for Apportionments, Special Sundays and Designated
   Giving
                     [40]United Methodist Productions

       [41]http://umns.umc.org | [42]Privacy Policy | [43]Contact Us

 If you are reading a pass-along copy of this issue, please go here to start
                your own account: [44]UMNS Subscriber Form.
United Methodist Communications Address: 810 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203

   [45]Unsubscribe from this mailing. [4893222285.gif]