UMNS Daily Digest - April 9, 2012 (Investments, sports ministry, Bishop Robert Schnase, church restr

From "United Methodist News Service" <newsdesk@umcom.org>
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:49:32 -0700

   To ensure consistent delivery, please add [1]newsdesk@umcom.org to your

>contact and/or safe senders list.

[2]View Online | [3]Add to Address Book | [4]Subscribe

UMNS Daily Digest - Produced by United Methodist News Service

>Monday, April 9, 2012

>[5]Investment issue before GC 2012

>[6]8 ways to start a sports ministry

>[7]Schnase: Getting ready for GC2012

>[8]Bishops respond to restructuring

>[9]

>General Conference 2012A>

>[10]

>General Conference appA>

>[11]

>Change the World 2012A>

>[12]

>Social Networks and FeedsA>

>[13]

>Read Additional UMNS StoriesA>

>[14]Find us on Facebook

>[15]Twitter

>[16]Contact Us

>(615) 742-5470

aPeople entered into our community of faith, not desiring to change

their membership, but to be shaped by our ministries.a

>a Missouri Area Bishop Robert Schnase

>Investment issue before GC 2012

NEW YORK (UMNS) a A petition before the 2012 United Methodist General

Conference would require the denomination to back its opposition to the

Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories by dropping

investments in selected companies whose products are used in the

>occupation.

>[17]Read full story and post a commentA>

>8 ways to start a sports ministry

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (UMNS) a Sports and recreation ministries expand

opportunities for your congregation to connect with each other and the

community. Any church or cluster of congregations can consider starting

an exercise class, developing a sports league or serving as a center of

recreational activity. Consider these 8 ways to start a sports

>ministry.

>[18]Read moreA>

>Schnase: Getting ready for GC2012

COLUMBIA, Mo. (UMNS) a Missouri Area Bishop Robert Schnase, author of

aFive Practices of Fruitful Congregations,a offers a blog post a day in

the lead up to General Conference discussing the challenges facing The

United Methodist Church and the work of Call to Action. He also

>includes questions for discussion groups.

>[19]Read blog postsA>

>Bishops respond to restructuring

PHOENIX (UMNS) a On behalf of the Western Jurisdiction College of

Bishops, Phoenix Area Bishop Minerva G. CarcaA+-o sent a memo relaying

the bishopsa concerns and suggested changes for the proposed

consolidation of general agencies. The Western Jurisdiction is not

drafting any legislation. aOur hope has been to contribute to a

much-needed conversation about mission and ministry of The United

Methodist Church,a CarcaA+-o said by email last week. aWe have shared

our proposals with the delegates of the Western Jurisdiction so that

they are aware of our hopes and our concerns. We give our work over to

the General Conference delegates trusting that the Holy Spirit will

guide them to do that which God has envisioned for The United Methodist

>Church.a

>[20]Read full memoA>

Did someone you know pass along this copy to you? Get your own copy

>[21]here.

United Methodist News Service is a ministry of United Methodist

>Communications.

Ministries of United Methodist Communications:

>[22]Rethink Church

>[23]TechShop

>[24]EcuFilm

>[25]UMC.org

>Program Journals:

>[26]Interpreter Magazine

>[27]El' Interprete

>[28]United Methodists In Service

>[29]InfoServ

>[30]United Methodist News Service

>[31]UM Audio

>[32]UMTV

[33]Foundation for United Methodist Communications

[34]United Methodist Communications International

>[35]Global Health Initiative

Products & Services of United Methodist Communications:

>[36]Crisis Communications

>[37]Communications Training

>[38]Program Calendars

>[39]United Methodist Press Center

>[40]Scholarships

[41]Promotional Resources for Apportionments, Special Sundays and

>Designated Giving

>[42]United Methodist Productions

[43]http://umns.umc.org | [44]Privacy Policy | [45]Contact Us

If you are reading a pass-along copy of this issue, please go here to

start your own account: [46]UMNS Subscriber Form.

United Methodist Communications Address: 810 12th Ave S, Nashville, TN

>37203

[47]Unsubscribe from this mailing. [5631022897.gif]

>References

>Visible links

>1. mailto:newsdesk@umcom.org

>2. http://www.umc.org/dailydigestarchives/

3.
http://www3.umcom.org/site/c.mrLZJ9PFKmG/b.3754251/k.6982/Whitelist_Instructions.htm

>4. http://umns.umc.org/subscribe

>5. file://localhost/tmp/tmpXny9jY.html#1

>6. file://localhost/tmp/tmpXny9jY.html#2

>7. file://localhost/tmp/tmpXny9jY.html#3

>8. file://localhost/tmp/tmpXny9jY.html#4

9.
http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=9sJOI9MPJmKUJZPPH&s=fuLULeOWKjLZLgMUJtH&m=9qKJL2NFJjLRL6J

10.
http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=clLUJiN1LpJ0L9O2F&s=fuLULeOWKjLZLgMUJtH&m=9qKJL2NFJjLRL6J